This chapter provides the preliminary results of the preparatory tasks for the Erasmus Intensiv-program “Permaculture Design Course-The City of the Future” in Neusiedl am See. The project has been prepared according to the Application Form 2013 for Intensive Programmes (IP) of the Lifelong Learning Programme Erasmus, promoted and supported from the OEAD – Austrian Agency for International mobility and Cooperation in Education, Science and Research.
CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE CITY OF THE FUTURE
The project activities are related to five main phases.
- First phase: Understanding: For understanding the case of permaculture design principles and patterns, we will analyse practical and theoretical examples. Students will prepare case studies, the experts/teaching staff will prepare background knowledge of permaculture and the city of the future.
- Second phase: Conceptualizing: The key for successful work is synthesis and conceptualization of application for knowledge integration. In the future search conference, the participants and stakeholders of Neusiedl am See will design concepts for a desirable future and formulate creative strategies to bring that future about.
- Third phase: Explaining. The third level is the epistemics of causal explanation based on arguments arranged by propositional logic.
- Fourth phase: Evaluation. The fourth level is a systematic determination of a subject´s merit, using criteria governed by a set of standards and to enable reflection in the identification of future change.
- Fifth phase: Strategies and implementation. The fifth level is about shaping the future to get to desirable ends with available means, disseminate the results of the design course summed up and exploit the planned process of convincing for long term target groups.
Download for further reading: