This is a website about “Permaculture Design”, which was organised in September 2012 in Aspern-seestadt, Vienna.
The project aims to introduce comprehensible arguments for a green network in Aspern-Seestadt. The project activities are related to five main phases.
- First phase: understanding: For understanding the case of permaculture design principles and patterns, we will analyse practical and theoretical examples. Students will prepare case studies, the experts/teaching staff will prepare background knowledge of permaculture and the city of the future.
- Second phase: Conceptualizing: The key for successful work is synthesis and conceptualization of application for knowledge integration. In the future search conference, the participants and stakeholders of the Aspern Seestadt will design concepts for a desirable future and formulate creative strategies to bring that future about.
- Third phase: Explaining. The third level is the epistemics of causal explanation based on arguments arranged by propositional logic.
- Fourth phase: Dissemination. The implementation of the project website and a final publication in five languages, dissemination activities, including awareness-raising measures and production of audio-visual materials.
- Fifth phase: Exploitation. The results of the design course will be summed up and made available for long term target groups (Inhabitants in the Seestadt and representatives of municipalities and educational institutions)